In the hopes of clearing up some confusion with regards to the disposal of corrugated cardboard...continue reading
Regulations state the all recycling may not be placed in plastic shopping bags. Any commingled or paper/cardboard in plastic bags will be treated at trash. Village Hall has a supply of recycling bins available.
Home recycling flyer from Rockland County Solid Waste Authority
Beginning July 5, 2017 the Village of Chestnut Ridge will collect all Commingled Items & Paper/Cardboard every Wednesday. Items will still need to brought to the curb, and must be in separate containers.
2017 RC Solid Waste Hazardous Waste Drop-off Facility Page
2017 RC Solid Waste Hazardous Waste Drop-off Facility Flyer
Rockland County Solid Waste Management Authority Website,
2017 Weekend Collection Dates for the RCSWMA's Hazardous Waste Facility are posted on the home page. The Facility's regular hours are M-F 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM, The RCSWMA's Hazardous Waste Facility is located at 420 Torne Valley Rd, PO Box 354, Hillburn, NY 10931, (845) 364-2444.
All recycling is picked up every Wednesday. Paper/Cardboard and Commingled items are picked up on alternating Wednesdays. Pickup dates are listed on the Garbage/Recycling Calendar, that can be accessed on the Garbage Services page of this website
Recycling must be curbside by 6:00am to insure pick up.
What to Recycle in Rockland Flyer from the RC Solid Waste Management Authority
Acceptable Paper recyclables include:
- Office, notebook and construction paper, ledger and envelopes of all colors
- Computer, fax and photo copy Paper of all colors
- Newspaper and inserts
- Glossy magazines and catalogs
- Soft covered workbooks, telephone books and paperback books
- Smooth cardboard and corrugated cardboard
- Brown grocery bags and kraft paper
Unacceptable Paper Items include:
These items are regular garbage.
- Paper soiled with grease, paint, etc.
- Wax-coated paper
- Paper cups
- Tissues, napkins and paper towels
- Paper items with layers of plastic or foil
- Hard covered books (remove covers)
- Pizza Boxes
- Shoe Boxes
PAPER ITEMS MUST be tied together OR in a reusable container.
DO NOT place PAPER ITEMS in with commingled items. Your container will not be picked up. Tied bundles or container of paper MUST NOT EXCEED 40 LBS. Plastic bags are prohibited.
CARDBOARD: Corrugated boxes must be flattened and tied.
TIED BUNDLES MUST NOT EXCEED 40 LBS.
RINSE OUT all containers.
COMMINGLED items MUST be in the green reusable recycling container (provided by the Village).
DO NOT place COMMINGLED items in a plastic baf. Plastic bags are prohibited. DO NOT place COMMINGLED items with paper items. Your container will not be picked up.
Acceptable Container recyclables include:
- Green, clear and brown glass bottles and jars
- Aluminum cans
- Aluminum foil and disposable aluminum products
- Metal cans and aerosol cans
- Plastic containers with a recycling code 1-7
- Milk and juice cartons
- Juice boxes
Unacceptable Container Items include:
These items are regular garbage.
- Pots, pans, bowls, utensils & other cookware
- Ceramic and china dinnerware
- Plastics buckets, tubs, garden planters, baskets and recycling bins
- Containers that held hazardous material (oil, antifreeze, pool and yard chemical, spackle, paint, etc.)
- Plastic bags
- Light bulbs
- Metal & plastic Hangers
Hazardous Waste and Electronics Collection
Hazardous waste and electronics may be dropped off at the Rockland Solid Waste Authority at Fire Training Center in Pomona. For schedule of collection days call 845-364-2444.
Acceptable Hazardous Waste include:
- Oil and latex paint and paint products
- Pesticides, herbicides and fungicides
- Household cleaners
- Pool chemicals
- Driveway sealers
- 20 lb BBQ propane tanks
- Motor oil and oil filters
- Computer, televisions, electronic equipment
- Empty containers
- Compressed gas tanks (i.e. oxygen, acetylene tanks)
- Construction material
- Medical, biological or pharmaceutical waste
- Microwaves, air conditioners, kitchen appliances, hand tools and vacuum cleaners
It’s fast, environmental friendly and FREE!