277 Old Nyack Turnpike
Chestnut Ridge, NY 10977
Russell Gliniecki, Building Inspector
Kim Weppler, Fire Inspector
Thomas O'Donnell, Code Inspector
The Building Department reviews and issues building permits. The Building Department works with new homeowners and long-time residents
interested in building a new home, or making alterations to an existing one, as
well as people wishing to do commercial construction and alterations, including
change in occupancy. Our staff will work with you to help make the building
permit and certificate of occupancy (C.O.) process as simple as possible. Prior to submitting a building permit, please call the Building Department to schedule an appointment.
Building permits and certificates of occupancy are your assurance and ours that
your home and the buildings and stores in the Village of Chestnut Ridge meet the
building codes for structural soundness and fire safety.
Please see the Documents page for all
Building Department Forms
Building Department Documents
Building Permit Application
Clearing, Filling & Excavation Law
Application for a Certificate of Use
Homeowner's Waiver Affidavit
Affidavit of Ownership
Homeowner Waiver Affidavit
|Code Enforcement Compalint
|Final Plot Plan Checklist
FOLLOWING INSPECTIONS ARE REQUIRED AND MUST BE SCHEDULED
- Footing Form: when excavation is complete and forms are in place (prior
- Foundation: prior to backfill, check for type of foundation, footing
drains and waterproofing.
- Plumbing Under Slab: prior to pour, usually combined with gravel under
- Gravel Under Slab: all vapor barriers, wire and insulation in place.
- Framing: electrical inspection for rough in must be complete prior to
- Plumbing Rough: can be combined with framing, head and air tests in
- Mechanical Rough: can be combined with framing and plumbing
- Insulation: all fire stopping must be installed.
- Footing Drain Outlet
- Final: final electrical inspection must be completed prior to
all commercial buildings must have inspections by Village Engineer for site
plan compliance and erosion control and Fire Safety Inspections prior to the
issuance of a Certificate of Use.