277 Old Nyack Turnpike
Chestnut Ridge, NY 10977
Alfred Fusco III , Building Inspector / Code Enforcement Officer
Dan Dodd, Building Inspector / Code Enforcement Officer
Joe Smith Jr., Building Inspector / Code Enforcement Officer
Ashley Gettel, Building Inspector / Code Enforcement Officer
Kim Weppler, Fire Inspector
The Building Department reviews and issues building permits. The Building Department works with new homeowners and long-time residents interested in building a new home, or making alterations to an existing one, as well as people wishing to do commercial construction and alterations, including change in occupancy. Our staff will work with you to help make the building permit and certificate of occupancy (C.O.) process as simple as possible. Prior to submitting a building permit, please call the Building Department to schedule an appointment.
Building permits and certificates of occupancy are your assurance and ours that your home and the buildings and stores in the Village of Chestnut Ridge meet the building codes for structural soundness and fire safety.
Please see the Documents page for downloadable forms
THE FOLLOWING INSPECTIONS ARE REQUIRED AND MUST BE SCHEDULED
- Footing Form: when excavation is complete and forms are in place (prior to concrete).
- Foundation: prior to backfill, check for type of foundation, footing drains and waterproofing.
- Plumbing Under Slab: prior to pour, usually combined with gravel under slab.
- Gravel Under Slab: all vapor barriers, wire and insulation in place.
- Framing: electrical inspection for rough in must be complete prior to this inspection.
- Plumbing Rough: can be combined with framing, head and air tests in place.
- Mechanical Rough: can be combined with framing and plumbing
- Insulation: all fire stopping must be installed.
- Footing Drain Outlet
- Final: final electrical inspection must be completed prior to scheduling.
In addition all commercial buildings must have inspections by Village Engineer for site plan compliance and erosion control and Fire Safety Inspections prior to the issuance of a Certificate of Use.