The same good health habits that prevent other viruses like the flu also prevent the spread of COVID-19 and decrease the risk of getting sick:
The Health Department is recommending:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
• Cough into a tissue or your sleeve/elbow.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid contact with people who are sick.
• If you are sick please stay home (volunteer self quarantine)
• Keep children home if they are running a temperature or they report not feeling well.
• Consult your health care provider if you or your children are not feeling well or have health conditions that put you at greater increased risk.
NYS hotline number: 1-888-364-3065